Sam’s Wrap- The Garden’s special snack
Eastern Mirror with its feature ‘Good morning Nagaland’ aims to highlight all the important traditional dishes that distinct every tribe of Nagaland through their unique ways of cooking.
‘Good Morning Nagaland’ after successfully completing its venture of sharing various traditional dishes of Nagaland and other parts of the country is now set to promote various specialties of local restaurants which are mostly run by local entrepreneurs in all corners of Nagaland.
Be a part of the journey every Monday and explore the mouth watering dishes of local restaurants which may be just a mile away from you.
‘The Garden’ located at Supermarket Dimapur is an open air restaurant where one can relax and enjoy good food along with music, free wi-fi, a library and many other interesting things.
Proprietor Akihito Kinni with his love and interest for music makes sure that his customers are never bored.
‘The Garden’ is a place where you can have a good time with friends, family and close ones.
Though the open air restaurant with its very own tree house opened just a year ago, it has become a favourite of the locals, especially the youth.
Concerts, birthday parties, volunteers teaching under privileged children, etc. are some activities that warms the restaurant while creating a positive impact for society.
Interestingly, ‘The Garden’ also offers food and drinks to the needy people that pass the restaurant.
1. Flour 100gm
2. Egg 1
3. Salt a pinch
4. Pork/Chicken 100gm
5. Onion 1
6. Cabbage slices
7. Chili Paste 1 Teaspoon
8. Tomato Paste 1 Teaspoon
9. Black pepper a pinch
1. Knead the dough and flatten it into soft flat bread (Chapati).
2. Fry the dough in oil and add egg into it after 3 minutes of frying
3. Fry the meat (pork/chicken) and onion in a separate pan with salt and black pepper
4. Mix meat, cabbage, tomato paste and chili past. Spread the mix over the flat bread evenly and roll it. Add loose dough to keep the roll intact
5. Fry the roll in hot oil for 2 minutes.
6. Wrap the finished roll in a silver wrapper and serve hot.