How to make Rosob Aon – an Ao Naga side dish
Here is a tutorial on how to make “Rosob Aon” – one of the most common dishes of the Ao Nagas that is served as a side dish.
Ingredients for Rosob Aon
- Tender yam leaves
- Spring onion
- Tomatoes or bamboo shoot
- Tender brinjal(small)
- Bitter gourd
- Dry small fish
- Chilli and Salt to taste
Method for making Rosob Aon
- Wash and slice all the ingredients together
- Add water and salt and boil till its cooked.
- Dry fish should be burned a little and put when it’s about to cook
- Towards the end either put naga tulsi (known as Naba in Ao dialect) or Naga aniseed (known as Mong Mong in Ao dialect)
- Mong mong leaves can also be put for better smell.
- Cook till the water is completely dried
- ‘Rosob’ is mostly served as a side dish
Hotel Management course at IIMR, Guwahati Institute. She has worked at the Oberoi Grand, Kolkata for 2 years, worked at CIHSR Hospital for 2 years and is presently teaching at Dimapur Govt College for Tourism and Hospitality Management Course.