Clergy Urges Social Workers To Uplift The Poor - Eastern Mirror
Wednesday, February 21, 2024
image
Nagaland

Clergy urges social workers to uplift the poor

1
By EMN Updated: Jan 19, 2024 8:49 pm
Clergy
Rev. Dr. Sherman Kuek speaking at concluding session of a three-day Student Training and Academic Readiness programme on Friday.

DIMAPUR — Elaborating on the prevailing global disparity where 20% of the population enjoys abundant resources, while the remaining 80% were deprived of such facilities, Rev. Dr. Sherman Kuek from Christian Institute for Theological Engagement (CHRISTE) from Malaysia, urged the students to advocate for the rights of the underprivileged by drawing inspiration from the teachings of Jesus.

Speaking at the concluding session of a three-day Student Training and Academic Readiness (STAR) programme at the North East Institute of Social Sciences and Research (NEISSR), Rev. Dr. Kuek emphasised on humility and encouraged the social workers to remain committed to uplift the poor saying that true transformation would come from understanding and embracing their struggles.

Rev. Dr. Kuek also shed light on the collaborative efforts between CHRISTE and NEISSR and encouraged the students to not only seek employment but also transform their focus, thoughts and education itself.

He delved into the ‘Christian perspective of spirituality’ by highlighting the responsible use of natural resources. He further urged students to extend their influence by inspiring their peers to actively contribute for the betterment of society. He also stressed the importance of education and seizing opportunities as a means to benefit the less fortunate.

Kishor Das, regional manager at DB Tech, discussed the dynamics of employer-employee relationships and provided valuable insights into the crucial aspect of professional life.

Dr. Toli H Kiba and Vizosu Kikhi, both assistant professors at NEISSR, briefed the students on quality assurance of the institute, elucidating the assessment criteria for accreditation.

Also read: Tuensang DPDB holds meeting

1
By EMN Updated: Jan 19, 2024 8:49:00 pm
Website Design and Website Development by TIS