Thursday, August 11, 2022
image
Nagaland

Water supply scheme to Kohima near completion

6103
By Our Correspondent Updated: Mar 28, 2017 11:01 pm
A A A

Our Correspondent
Kohima, March 28 (EMN): Under the water supply schemes, the scheme for augmentation of water supply to the State capital is being taken up under 90:10 funding under the Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India.
PHED in its annual administrative reports 2016-17 said the project involves pumping of water from Zarü stream at Kigwema village through two stages of pumping. From the reservoir, water will be conveyed to the State capital by gravity.
The design capacity of the project is 3.80 million litres daily. It said 95% of the works have been completed, and the completion of the project has been re-scheduled to 2017-18 taking account the delay in release of funds.
Augmentation of water supply to Kohima town phase-II from sources of Southern Angami villages and augmentation of water supply to Zunheboto town –phase II both under negotiated loan has commenced from 2016-17.
Meanwhile, the department has undertaken State funded scheme for improvement of water distribution system in Dimapur town.The main feature of the scheme, it said, is to provide better water supply coverage and service to consumers which are expected to generate more revenue for the State by way of improving equitable water distribution.
Earlier in his budget speech, chief minister Dr. Shürhozelie Liezietsu, minister-in-charge Finance, expressed happiness to note that the project for augmentation of water supply to the capital town of Kohima is finally being put in place.
The project, he said, will be inaugurated during the month of April 2017 and hopes to bring much relief to the residents of the capital city, especially during the lean season.

Rs 212.98 cr on meat import
The State imported animal husbandry products worth of Rs 212.98 crores as per the Sample Survey Report of 2015-16 given in the annual administrative report of the Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services.
The State produces only 52% of the total requirement worth Rs 116.40 crores leaving a shortfall of 48%. On the bright side, the year 2015-16 shows the decline in import quantum as compared to 2001-02 when the import of animal husbandry products stands at Rs 375.00 crores.
The per capita availability shows 64% achievement in terms of meat and 68% in milk respectively.

40,972 deletions in electoral roll
During the National Electoral Rolls Purification (NERP) 2016, Election Department has deleted 40, 972 voters from the electoral list, while a total of 27,357 additions were made.
While 22,339 errors were corrected, about 7063 duplicate voters were removed, 13,661 ASD (Absent/shifted/Dead) voters identified and deleted and 1043 dead voters were identified and deleted based on registered death records.
As per the population projected in 2017 out of the 2,17,3184 population, the Final Photo Electoral Roll (PER) identified a total of 1,13,8215 about 52% (male- 5,77,793 and female- 5,60,422) as electorate population during the special summary Revision of Electoral Roll 2017.

19,024 visit State museum
During the year 2016-17, a total of 19,024 persons with entry ticket visited the State museum generating a revenue of Rs 1,27,000 and Rs 38,910 fee realised from photography.
The State museum also received 6 VVIPs, 48 VIPs and 2922 students, police, para military forces, NCC and scouts and guides in uniform.
The State library has a total number of 56,990 books with total enrolled members of 3279 and new enrolment of 169 members
With the department of Art and Culture continuing to identify and register antiques from different corners of the State, fifteen (15) antiquities have been registered during 2016-17, adding to the present total 1895 number of antiquities registered till date.
State WWII Museum, Kisama, (20 kms from the capital) has become an attraction for visitors both domestic and international. It boasts a collection of 432 relics. The revenue generated during the year 2016-17 was Rs 1,08,400.

6103
By Our Correspondent Updated: Mar 28, 2017 11:01:41 pm