Nagaland University undergraduate, semester exams postponed
Kohima, March 23 (EMN): The forthcoming undergraduate end semester examination scheduled to commence from April 2 has been postponed till further notice by the Nagaland University (NU) on Monday.
In addition, all offices of the NU will remain closed till March 31 2020. It has advised staff and officers to work from home with immediate effect.
In its notification that was issued on March 23, the NU informed that the undergraduate examination stands postponed in view of the restriction imposed on the movement of the public by the state government on March 22.
Along with the postponement of the examination, the university also issued a 6-point notification:
- All offices of Nagaland University shall remain closed till March 31 2020, except the following essential services: Medical, security, transport, electricity, and water supply. Controlling officers of the mentioned essential services are directed to draw up a roster of staff members who are required to render essential services during the period.
- Other officers and staff of the Nagaland University are permitted and advised to work from home and should be available on telephone and electronic means of communication at all times. They should attend office, if called for, in case of any exigency.
- Teachers, officers and staff are advised not to move out of their respective station with a view to contain and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All faculty members, researchers, non-teaching staff should provide their contact details ie., mobile number, and email ID etc., to the respective controlling authority so that they may be contacted in case of emergency.
- Visitors shall not be allowed to enter the university’s premises of all the campuses without prior permission from the university’s authority.
- In supersession of an earlier notification and in view of the restriction imposed on the movement of the public by the government of Nagaland, the forthcoming undergraduate examinations scheduled to commence on 02.04.2020 is postponed until further notice.
The notification is in compliance with the ministry of Human Resource Development’s Communication and the government of Nagaland chief secretary’s order for a state-wide lockdown that was issued on March 22.
It shall be reviewed in accordance with further directives of the central/state government. The notification was signed by Dr. Abemo, Registrar of NU.
Earlier, the All Nagaland College Students’ Union, as well as other students’ bodies, had appealed to the authorities in concern to postpone the undergraduate end semester examinations.