Thatch House Gutted In Dimapur’s Purana Bazaar - Eastern Mirror
Tuesday, April 16, 2024
image
Nagaland

Thatch house gutted in Dimapur’s Purana Bazaar

6146
By Purnungba Longkumer Updated: Feb 26, 2024 8:52 pm
Purana Bazar
Firefighters dousing off the fire at Purana Bazar on Febuary 25.

DIMAPUR — A thatched-roof house with five rooms caught fire on Sunday night in Purana Bazaar, Dimapur, destroying property worth around INR 12 to 15 lakh.

According to Menose Zashümo, sub inspector of the Central Fire Station Dimapur, a distress call was received around 11:11 p.m., and three fire tenders and firefighters were immediately dispatched from the station. The team, along with two additional fire tenders from the west fire station, took slightly more than an hour to extinguish the fire, which was caused by a short circuit.

While there were no human casualties, Zashümo said that more than seven LPG cylinders had exploded during the incident, and the loss of a few domestic animals was also reported.

The fire incident resulted in the destruction of rations for hotels, books, clothes, and important documents, with an estimated loss of property valued between INR 12-15 lakh.

6146
By Purnungba Longkumer Updated: Feb 26, 2024 8:52:34 pm
Website Design and Website Development by TIS