‘Rs 78 cr of black money transferred to TR Zeliang’s accounts’
Noke Wangnao and G Kaito Aye issue related documents to media
DIMAPUR, January 15
NPF president (Kaito group) Noke Wangnao and NPF Legislature Party leader G Kaito Aye today issued some documents to the media where a hefty amount of over Rs 78 crores was transferred to the accounts of Chief Minister T R Zeliang and his wife.
“We have in our possession documents of international money transfers to T.R. Zeliang and his wife’s accounts in Hong Kong and Kuala Lampur sent from Singapore. The details of money transfers which we are revealing today are to the tune of more than 78 crores,” said Noke Wangnao and G Kaito Aye in a joint statement.
“We have been wondering how and why Dr. Shurhozelie has been firmly standing behind T.R. Zeliang, despite the fact that he has lost the popular support of the NPF and DAN MLAs and of the party organization. It is now crystal clear that the real motive behind the support is the exchange of enormous amounts of black money that are changing hands through multinational companies and being deposited in foreign banks,” both the leaders said.
According to them, it is this illegal money in enormous amounts which is being used to lure MLAs and party workers to favor him. A syndicate of few ministers and politicians are secretly running the affairs of the state and making unbelievable amounts of money for their personal gains. They are selling the State and the rights of the Naga people and carrying out international money transfers and moving black money which is being kept in foreign bank accounts, Noke and Kaito further said.
“All this transferring and movement of black money is not only illegal and a direct admission of corruption but they are also a threat to national security of the country and needs to be investigated by competent authorities of the country so that those responsible can be punished as per the law of the land,” the statement added.
These shocking revelations of how T.R. Zeliang is involved in corruption and transferring of black money require his immediate removal as Chief Minister as he has no more moral authority to continue even for a single day as Chief Minister of the State. This exposure is over and above the fact that he has lost the majority of support from the NPF and DAN MLAs, they demanded.
Those legislatures under confinement, who are not involved in these illegal kickbacks, as responsible lawmakers of the land should judge for themselves these actions and denounce this sell-out vehemently, the statement also said.
Noke and Kaito said T R Zeliang is not only a minority Chief Minister but also a Chief Minister who has been selling Nagaland and the rights of the Naga people for his own personal gains.
“We have several more revelations to be brought out to the public domain on how he is involved in high corruption and how he has been releasing hundreds of crores as payments to selected contractors for his self gains. All this while he has been harping of the State’s deficit and financial crisis but he has continued to release funds wherever he has benefited. In just a few months as Chief Minister he has accumulated hundreds of crores and he has concentrated solely on making money since he always knew that his days were numbered from the day he became Chief Minister,” the statement also said.
The statement then alleged that even now, under the present political circumstances, the Chief Minister is clearing dozens of files everyday making crores and crores of payments under illegal circumstances and making money by keeping all his few MLAs and Ministers under forced confinement at de Oriental Grand hotel in Kohima.
It also said another fact that needs to be pointed out is that all the ministers, Parliamentary Secretaries, Advisers and Chairmen who are supporting Kaito Aye have already tendered their resignations protesting against the illegal, unconstitutional and dictatorial orders of the erstwhile NPF President Dr. Shurhozelie and also due to the fact that T.R. Zeliang is now in the clear minority. Though he has not accepted the resignations till date, he is misusing his position to clear files of these departments as well, the statement of Noke and Kaito further said.
“We assure the people of Nagaland that we will fix responsibility and punish him as per the law of the land once a popular government is installed in the State. Any bureaucrat or politician, who is obeying the illegal instructions of the minority Chief Minister, will also be held responsible for their actions,” it added.
Noke and Kaito then said it is a clear sign of his inability and present minority position that the minority Chief Minister had called the officers and bureaucrats of the State Government to explain his political position and justify his embarrassing loss of confidence by the elected members. “He has not only demeaned the office of the Chief Minister but also embarrassed himself and brought disrepute to the entire establishment in carrying out this immature and childish action,” the statement added.
Details of the money transactions
(total amount is more than Rs. 78 crores 66 lakhs)
A. TRANSACTION THROUGH DBS BANK LTD. 6 SHERATON WAY, DBS BUILDING, SINGAPORE.
1. An amount of 70,00,000.00 Singapore Dollars was transferred on 16.08.2014 to the recipient name of T.R. Zeliang.
2. The recipient’s address is given as 32/D Two Exchange Square 8, Connaught Place, Central Hong Kong.
3. The recipient’s bank details are: Royal Bank of Canada (Hong Kong), 17/E Cheung Kong Centre 2, Queen’s Road, Central, Hong Kong.
4. The sender’s name is Ramasamy Veeran.
5. The equivalent rate of the amount in Indian currency as per today’s exchange rate is Rs. 32,37,50,000.00 (rupees thirty two crores, thirty seven lakhs and fifty thousand).
B. TRANSACTION THROUGH OCBC BANK BHD, PEOPLE’S PARK CENTRE , SINGAPORE
1. An amount of 1,00,08,500.00 Singapore Dollars was transferred to the account of T.R. Zeliang, Kevizenuo Rangkau. The recipient is in his wife’s name. The date of transfer is 26.09.14
2. The recipient’s address is recorded as 46/113-8 Jalan Tun Razak, Korong, Kaula Lumpur
3. Recipient’s account or IBAN number is 7200078652341677
4. Recipient’s bank details: Swift Code is PCK 33386, RHB Bank BHD, Tower 2, Jalan Pururaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Clearing code is MYR.
5. The Sender name is Raguvaran Murali and the account number is 307682342516. The sender’s contact person is Ramasamy Veeran and his contact number is 00622183793105.
6. The equivalent amount in Indian currency as per today’s exchange rate( 1 singapore dollars is equal to Rs. 46.25/-) is Rs. 46,28,93,125.00 ( forty six crores, twenty eight lakhs, ninety three thousand one hundred and twenty five).
7. The transaction and signature was verified by Chang Leo, who is presently the Assistant Vice President of the Bank.
1. The discussions and conversations were done through an international roaming number 90068916 (service provider is Star Hub, a Singapore based telecommunication company) registered in the name of T.R. Zeliang, where his address in Singapore is given as Loffi Apartment, 1st Floor, No. 3 Dickson Road, Singapore. 209530.
2. The itemized call details with the time and dates of the phone calls made are appended.