Quarter Final match results of Frolic Cup - Eastern Mirror
Sunday, June 11, 2023

Quarter Final match results of Frolic Cup

By EMN Updated: Apr 27, 2017 10:13 pm

Dimapur, April 27 (EMN): It was with overwhelming enthusiasm that the quarter finals of the ongoing 5 Frolic Cup 2017 began early this morning at Local Ground, Medziphema. In the first match, defending champions Tsiepama Youth Organisation battled it out with a staunch Medziphema Village Youth Organisation (MVYO) which had the crowd roaring for goals.
Khriese, No. 7, of MVYO was the first to score for his team while the equalizer for TYO came from the boots of Kumzua, No. 15. At the end of regulation time however, the teams were locked 1-1 and play went into spot-kicks where both the goalkeepers made heroic saves through unperturbed reflexes.
The tie-break held at 2-2 after five shots each, MVYO took the sixth shot which rebounded from the crossbar whereas TYO’s keeper did not miss his chance to decide the winner, 3-2. Asui, No. 4, of MVYO was shown the first red card of the tournament during the match.
The second quarterfinal match saw KYC ‘B’ up against Winfield Club and as an added bonus, both teams displayed refined foot works to enthral spectators all the more. Letkhokai, No. 47, of KYC’B’ netted the first goal in the opening half while Nyithung, No. 11, chipped in the second towards the end and the match went in favour of a more experienced KYC ‘B’ who inked the scoreboard, 2-0. Hamping, No.4, of KYC ‘B’ and Anam, No. 3, were cautioned for unsporting behaviour. In the third match played between Khanakhurü Students’ Union and Sporting Club, Phaipijang, KSU boys outplayed their opponent’s right from the beginning. It was through more possession that KSU hit the goal net from the boots of Ninja, No.8, Rhitso, and No.9 while Salu, No.11, made a double to enable their team fly into the semi-finals with a comfortable, 4-0.
The fourth match displayed spectacular team work where Khanglai FC clashed with Molvom Youth and Students’ Union. The deafening cries from supporters in the stands did little to help players of both sides convert goals and evidently, the lone winning goal was from Thangkhohao, No.11, during the first half of the match. As the last whistle blew, Molvom Youth and Students’ Union sailed into the semi finals by a whisker, 1-0. Dehhao and Lalminthang of Khanglai FC and Temjenwati of Molvom Youth and Students’ Union were cautioned for unsporting behaviour.

By EMN Updated: Apr 27, 2017 10:13:56 pm