Peren Covid-19 hospital to get ventilators soon, says H&FW principal director
Dimapur, April 6 (EMN): To assess preparedness and containment of Covid-19, the principal director of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Vizolie Suokhrie, along with other senior officials visited community health centre (CHC) Jalukie under Peren district on April 6 and assured to provide ventilators to the district Covid-19 hospital soon.
This was informed by the DIPR through a press release on Monday. The officials had a meeting with the district administration, police and CMO staff in Conference Hall of the health facility.
According to the update, DIO Dr. Asangla gave a brief presentation on the district’s preparedness status for Covid-19, while DTO-cum-deputy CMO Dr. Amenla presented action plan for the pandemic. CMO of Peren highlighted requirements of MO at Mbaulwa PHC and deputy CMO at the district office at the meeting. Suokhrie assured that the demands would be met once recruitment is done, it added.
While suggesting the officials to keep 16 to 18 beds in the Covid-19 district hospital, the principal director also made the following points:
- A comfortable quarantine place for health workers should be set up to quarantine the health workers and the IV grade staff once they complete their duty period.
- To utilise personal protective equipment (PPE) judiciously. More consignments are on the way and will reach the district as soon as the department receives.
- To provide triple-layer mask to the health workers and IV grade workers.
- To continue training and mock drill of health staff, IV grade workers and the police personnel.
- Makeshift OPD to be taken care and the public should not be deprived of treatment of emergency cases.
- All Covid-19 cases should be treated at the identified hospital of the district and there will be no interstate transfer of coronavirus patients. Ventilators will also be provided soon.
- An amount of INR 3 lakh will be sent to Jalukie CHC by April 7 for setting up of Covid-19 hospital.
- More nurses will be deputed at CHC Jalukie from District Hospital, Peren and the principal director instructed MS to depute NHM nurses and IV grade workers from DH Peren by April 7 and more health staff will be sent if Covid-19 cases arise in the district.
- Training centres of ICU technique identified in Dimapur, Kohima and Mokokchung. The principal director further requested the Medical department of Peren district to identify health staff and send to the mentioned centres to undergo the training.