One house gutted in fire at Dilong ward in Mokokchung town
Mokokchung, July 13 (EMN): One house was gutted in an inferno at Dilong ward in Mokokchung town on Tuesday morning.
As per eyewitness accounts, the house belonged to an elderly couple and they were inside their residence when the fire broke out around 6 am. They however managed to get out of the house safely.
The source also informed that a neighbouring house was also partially damaged by the fire.
An official from Fire and Emergency Services Mokokchung said that a fire engine was rushed to the incident site; however, the vehicle could not reach the spot due to narrow passage. So, another fire engine was called in to attach an extra pipeline connection to douse off the fire.
Volunteers from the neighbouring houses also assisted the firefighters during the emergency hour, said the officer.
The officer informed the house was completely engulfed by the inferno and property worth approximately INR 4 lakh was destroyed.
The police personnel further disclosed that the owner of the house detected electrical sparks from a faulty socket before managing to exit the house.
The cause of the fire was suspected to be due to faulty electrical outlets (receptacles) or worn out sockets.