Nagaland Taekwondo team wins 14 medals at Kukkiwon Cup
Dimapur, June 7 (EMN): The Nagaland Taekwondo team won 14 medals (10 gold, one silver and three bronze medals) at the 3rd Kukkiwon Cup, Indian International Taekwondo Championship which was held at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi from June 5 to 7th.
According to an update received here on Friday, a total of 20 players participated in the championship including a team coach and manager.
The team was led by team coach Visabiu Peseyie, state Taekwondo coach and Sangtsuthung Ngullie as manager. The players representing the state are from Sports Academy IG Stadium, Kohima.
Medal winners are:
- Pauninglungbe under 22 kg (gold)
- P. Athongti under 24 kg (gold)
Sub – junior
- Lensethong – 21 kg (gold)
- Lhuvosayi swuro – 27 kg (gold)
- Thongti thonger – 35 kg (gold)
- T. Kiutsu – 44 kg (gold)
- Manhei konyak – 25 kg (silver)
- Tenloi phom – 33 kg (gold)
- Thinokhoto Nakhro – 45 kg (bronze)
- Hinglakpo – 49 kg (bronze)
- Keyinchigongbe – 55 kg (gold)
- Vilabizo Nagi – 59 kg (gold)
- Zakieneikho Peseyie – 63 kg (gold)
- Repinkiu N. Tikhir – 51 kg (bronze)