NAGALAND PREMIER LEAGUE: Matchday-11 Previews
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 30
Dimapur, DDSC Stadium
United Redskins vs Barak FC Kick-off: 11 am
FC Naga Tornadoes vs Doyang FC Kick-off: 1 pm
Kohima, IG Stadium
Veda FC vs Sangpang FC Kick-off: 12 noon
Kohima Komets vs Dimapur United FC Kick-off: 2 pm
Mokokchung, Imkongmeren Sports Complex
Zonipang SA vs Dynamic FC Kick-off: 9 am
- United Redskins takes on Barak in the first match in Dimapur on Wedesday. They were soundly beaten by Zonipang at the weekend despite scoring two goals. United Redskins’ inability to remain consistent and compact throughout the ninety minutes has cost them valuable points and this needs to be addressed at the earliest. Barak registered another commanding win playing away against Sangpang last weekend. They currently trail runaway leaders Veda by 7 points and they will look to keep the pressure up with another victory on Wednesday.
- Naga Tornadoes secured a crucial away win at the weekend beating second placed Kohima Komets. This decisive victory over the title rivals will definitely be a huge morale booster for their title hopes this season. Naga Tornadoes will hope to keep this good run going when they take on a struggling Doyang side on Wednesday. Doyang went down by 5 goals against leaders Veda on Saturday in Kohima. They are struggling to find the back of the net at the moment scoring just 5 times in 10 outings. Doyang will look for an improved performance both infront of goal and at the back when they take on Naga Tornadoes.
- Veda continued their ruthless streak on Saturday when they hammered Doyang by 5 goals to extend the lead by 6 points at the top of the table. The debutants have a formidable home record winning all their games in Kohima. Wednesday presents another opportunity to maintain the 100% win record in front of their home crowd. Sangpang will look to bounce back from the home defeat to Barak last weekend. They have the ability to upset any team in the league and they will be keen to put in another stellar performance and stop a rampant Veda on Wednesday.
- Kohima Komets hosts Dimapur United in a crucial encounter on Wednesday. The two teams are currently placed joint second on the table with the same goal difference. Kohima Komets will be eager to bounce back from the defeat on Saturday and look to take advantage of the roaring home crowd support and make it difficult for the visitors. Dimapur United are in fine form after another dominant victory over Dynamic at the weekend. A difficult away fixture awaits them on Wednesday but they will be confident of getting a good result against another title rival Kohima Komets.
- Zonipang outclassed United Redskins in their last outing in Dimapur on Saturday. They go into the match against Dynamic on Wednesday with plenty of confidence and will back themselves for another win in front of the home supporters. Dynamic remain winless after 10 games with just two points on the board. They need to repeat last season’s form where they registered a string of impressive victories in the second half of the season. A good away result against an well-drilled Zonipang side will give them the much needed confidence for the rest of the season.
By NPL Pundits