Tuesday, August 16, 2022
image
Mokokchung

Major fire mishap averted in Mokokchung

6124
By Imrongkumba Aier Updated: Aug 10, 2021 11:59 pm
A A A
People clearing derbies of the shop at New Market in Mokokchung on Tuesday. (EM Images)

Our Correspondent
Mokokchung, Aug. 10 (EMN): A major fire mishap was averted in Mokokchung town on Tuesday evening, thanks to the timely intervention of the Fire and Emergency Services personnel and local volunteers.

A fire, which broke out from a general shop at New Market under Salangtem ward, was first spotted by pedestrians and neighbours, who quickly alerted the people and the Fire department.

The incident occurred at around 8 pm.

“There was a high chance that the fire could spread to other shops,” said a police officer investigating the incident.

The police suspected electrical short circuit to be the cause of the fire which was controlled by the fire-fighters and local people.

The shop belonged to one Ramesh Kumar Gupta from Uttar Pradesh, currently residing at Salangtem ward.

The approximate value of property destroyed by the fire could not be ascertained till the time of filing this report.

6124
By Imrongkumba Aier Updated: Aug 10, 2021 11:59:10 pm