Lackadaisical workmanship of the BRO
[dropcap]U[/dropcap]nder the above caption, the public want to know and suggest why the BRO at their different jurisdictions left the worst portions of the road leading to Phek and Kiphire as furnished below but providing only sparse, lip and yet a very unnecessary renovation works only to last for a few weeks from Losami junction areas towards Chizami which of course can be done even in the last phase since the road condition in those areas are still very good barring few places which indeed need thorough repairing.The portions which should be done on top priority basis are indicated as under:
1. The Tin-Pati junction, capital Kohima towards BSF Camp Chedema areas to almost half portion of the road towards Dzü-ü river.
2. From the vicinity of Chakhabama town area down to the portion reaching Dzü-ü upper bridge towards Pfütsero.
3. The abandoned bridge project area below Kikrüma block covering all the turning areas should be done with immediate effect before the onset of rainy summer season.
4. The portion from Pfütsero town noth-east sections towards and upto Mali farm Pfütsero.
5. The bridge project between Müsulumi and Enhulumi should be executed at the earliest since the ground surface condition is already stabilized.
6. The patient needs the right treatment at the right time so also the road need the right repairing at the right place and at the right time.
7. The right type of engineering technology should be used to create durable asset to save economy but not vice versa.
Last but not the least, the public want to remind the organization to maintain the road on regular basis in all seasons providing timely filling up of potholes and cleaning of landslides etc.
Until or unless the above fulfillment or requirements are adopted and followed the organization spreading all over Nagaland shall be labeled as whimsical or farcical
The last reminder is, ‘’ Let us not spoil the vehicles nor neglect the bad road conditions lest we forget the ethos of comfort travelling.