Konyak Union urges Nagaland government to accelerate development projects
Dimapur, Oct. 18 (EMN): The Konyak Union (KU) on Monday urged the state government to accelerate major development works in Mon district, saying that some projects yet to see the light of the day though there are some achievements as well.
In a press release, the union thanked the state government for the concern shown towards the people of Mon district by bringing various developmental works, which would immensely help the remote district.
“In fact, through the able leadership of the Hon’ble Chief Minister, Health and Family Welfare Minister and concern ministers in-charge of various departments and with the support and commitment of the nine legislators of Mon district, many developmental schemes and projects have been initiated which the Konyak Union deeply acknowledges for the concern and commitment shown towards the Konyak people particularly in fulfilling the aspirations by completing and inaugurating the 11 IR Battalion and Polytechnic at Aboi,” read the press release.
However, it lamented slow pace of work and highlighted some major projects that need immediate attention.
- The union requested both the Centre and state governments to urgently immediately commence the construction of Mon Medical College, which was approved last year and the foundation stone laid earlier this year by the then Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan.
- To immediately begin the academic session at Model College, Wakching with adequate human resource.
- Working women hostel at Mon town under Planning and co-ordination.
- To pressurise the NHIDCL for re-tendering under Package III and IV (Merangkong-Mon Road) as Manoranjan Brahma Firm has stopped works.
- To pressurise the NHIDCL on construction of inter-state road connectivity between Zero-Point (Nagaland)-Simulguri (Assam) via Naginimora.
- To construct Pongma Bridge, Tizit (between Assam and Nagaland), since it is the only economic lifeline for Mon district.