Health dept. issues directives on Covid-19
Dimapur, April 7 (EMN): In exercise of the powers conferred by the Nagaland Epidemic Disease (Covid-19) Regulations 2020 under the Epidemic Disease Act 1897, the department of Health and Family Welfare has issued the following directives in respect of ‘Self Declaration Covid-19 Nagaland App’ in connection with home quarantine.
According to the notification, health officials should ensure while declaring any individual to put on Home Quarantine shall ensure the ‘Self Declaration Covid-19 Nagaland App’ is downloaded in the person’s mobile phone and complete the registration process.
All persons who are put under Home Quarantine shall comply with the following measures:
- To download the ‘Self Declaration Covid-19 Nagaland App’ in his/her mobile phone and complete the registration process and switch ‘ON’ the GPS facility of smart phone.
- He/ she should always keep his/her mobile phone in ‘ON’ mode with GPS enabled till he/she is released from Home Quarantine Period.
- Those who are not in possession of smart phone, shall seek the support of the ASHA/ANM/School Teacher or any person in possession of smart phone for Self-Declaration in case of having symptoms (Fever and Cough and/or Shortness of breath) through Community Reporting.
- To update the health status daily in the App, using Home Quarantine tab.
- To answer phone calls from the control room/surveillance team.
- To cooperate with the surveillance team during home visits.
- To strictly follow the Guideline on Home Quarantine
Any act of non-compliance shall be deemed to have committed an offence punishable as per the provisions of the Epidemic Disease Act, 1897.