Friday, October 07, 2022

Fire renders 37 families homeless

By EMN Updated: Feb 01, 2017 1:59 am

Dimapur, Jan. 31: Around 20 thatch houses were completely razed to ashes, rendering 37 families homeless in a fire that broke out at SP Colony, Kuda village, in Dimapur on Monday night around 11.30 pm.

According to Dimapur Fire department, an electric short circuit was ascertained to be the cause of the fire. Police said five fire tenders were rushed to the spot and it took them about an hour and a half to douse the fire, and stop from spreading to other houses.

While the occupants of the houses were non-Nagas, the houses belonged to a Naga. Properties worth Rs 30 lakh have been estimated to have lost in the inferno. No casualty was reported.

Kuda village ‘C’ Khel Council, K Kire Colony and Kuda Village Youth Organisation have lauded the Dimapur Fire department for timely intervention and preventing the fire from spreading to other areas. The three organisations provided breakfast, lunch and dinner to the affected families, it was informed.

By EMN Updated: Feb 01, 2017 1:59:25 am