Fire incident averted in Mokokchung
Mokokchung, April 12 (EMN): Fire and Emergency Services, Mokokchung averted a fire incident at Sangtemla ward in Mokokchung on Monday.
The fire started at an abandoned military site at around 11:50 am on Monday, said ASI Meyilemba Jamir who was at the spot.
“After we received a report of the incident, two fire engines were pressed into action and brought the fire under control. It took us half an hour to extinguish the fire before it spread into the abandoned military quarters,” he informed.
The cause of the fire is suspected to be a cigarette butt, he added.