Fire guts five shops in Tuensang
Eastern Mirror Desk
Dimapur, Oct. 21: Five shops were gutted in a fire that broke out in Tuensang town on Saturday, a fire department official said. The incident was said to have occurred on Oct. 22 at around 6.30 pm in Tuensang’s Post Office colony.
The cause of the fire is reported to be of ‘short circuit.’ Property worth approximately INR 25 lakh was said to have been affected by the fire, according to the official. It took the fire service personnel around 30 minutes to douse the flames. Three fire tenders were pressed into service, it was informed.
The five wooden shops were two grocery stores, a ticking counter, an eyeglass store, and a hotel.