Wednesday, December 08, 2021

Dimapur grenade blast victim dies

By EMN Updated: Aug 12, 2013 1:00 am

Staff Reporter | EMN

FOUR days after the grenade explosion in a jewellery shop in Dimapur on August 7, one of the victims succumbed to his injuries at a private hospital here on Sunday.
The victim, Subash Sonar, breathed his last at Zion Hospital at around 5 am due to multiple injuries inflicted on him in the blast. The last rites of late Subash were also performed today.
Late Subash Sonar, 32, son of Pothi Bahadur, resident of Thakurbari, Dimapur and Rajesh Sonar, 23, son of Sonta Sonar, resident of Ram Janaki Road, Dimapur, were injured after unidentified miscreants lobbed a grenade inside a jewellery shop near Ram Janaki School, Dimapur on August 7. Both were employees of ‘Sita Jewelers’, the jewellery shop, which was targeted by the miscreants.
Rajesh Sonar’s condition is reported to be stable. He is undergoing treatment at Nikos Hospital, Dimapur.
Meanwhile, the Dimapur Gorkha Union (DGU) has deeply mourned the death of Subash Sonar. In a condolence message, chairman of Disciplinary Action Committee, DGU, Dipak Lama, said late Sonar was an innocent victim and prayed for the departed soul to rest in peace. Conveying condolence to the bereaved family, the DGU prayed to the Almighty to give them strength at this hour of grief.

‘Slain NSCN-K cadre was involved in Dimapur blast’
The GPRN/NSCN have said that the NSCN-K cadre who was killed in a shootout in Kohima last Friday, was involved in the hand grenade explosion in the jewellery shop in Dimapur on August 7.
The GPRN/NSCN in a release issued by its MIP on Sunday said it had identified the perpetrators of the blast as Lt Kughahoto alias Atoka, Lt Kughayito and Sgt Maj Lithrongse of the NSCN (K).
The release said after having identified the three, the GPRN/NSCN cadres was on the lookout for them and spotted Sgt Maj Lithrongse in Kohima on Friday last. When the GPRN/NSCN cadres went to arrest him for questioning in regard to the blast, Lithrongse began firing and and tried to run away. In the retaliatory fire, he was killed, the release said.
The GPRN/NSCN has expressed regrets that the shooting incident occurred in a civilian populated area, and has condemned the action of NSCN K cadres.
It also once again reiterated its resolve to honour the reconciliation process that is painstakingly being undertaken by all concerned Nagas to bring peace and prosperity in our land.

By EMN Updated: Aug 12, 2013 1:00:29 am