DC Kohima notifies on constructions
Dimapur, July 7 (EMN): In view of random and rampant construction works taking place in and around Kohima town causing numerous problems to the public resulting in blocking drainages, encroachment on roads and non-adherence to disaster management guidelines, the Deputy Commissioner, Kohima, Rajesh Soundarajan has issued regulation for compliance with immediate effect.
In order to put check on such uncontrolled constructions and to stop dumping of earth and waste materials on the roads, footpaths and drainages within the jurisdiction of Kohima Municipality, all concerned are informed to mandatorily obtain permit from the Kohima Municipal Council for construction of new buildings and renovation and extension of existing buildings. It cautioned that failure to adhere to this order will invite necessary punitive actions against the defaulters as per provisions of the law.
Administrator of Kohima Municipal Council is also directed to implement the provisions and other relevant rules of the Nagaland Municipal Act, 2001 to put into effect.
* Rule 264- Buildings not to be erected or constructed without permission.
* Rule 278- Cleaning of streets and removal of solid waste.
* Rule 287- Removal of solid waste accumulation on non-residential premises.
* Rule 288- Prohibition against accumulation of rubbish.
* Rule 470- Punishment for certain offences in contravention to any provision of the Nagaland Municipal Act, 2001.
* Rule 471- Fine which may extend to Rs. 2000/-.
The order also added that the permission for construction of new buildings should be issued only after verification of patta issued by the Deputy Commissioner, Kohima.