Bafta Games Awards 2021: Hades wins big with five awards
Dimapur, March 26 (EMN): Hades emerged as the big winner at the BAFTA Games Awards 2021, winning five awards in total.
Supergiant Games‘ ancient Greek-themed action-adventure role-playing game, Hades, besides winning Best Game also won awards for ‘Artistic Achievement‘, ‘Game Design‘, ‘Narrative‘, and ‘Performer in a Supporting Role,’ for Logan Cunningham. Cunningham played the role of Hades, Achilles, Poseidon, Asterius, Charon, and the Storyteller in Hades.
Naughty Dog‘s title ‘The Last of Us Part 2′, which had a record-breaking 13 nominations this year, took home three awards: ‘Audience-voted Game of the Year’, ‘Animation‘ and ‘Performer in a Leading Role,’ for Laura Bailey. This was the first BAFTA award for Bailey who played Abby in the game.
Here is the full list of winners for Bafta Games Awards 2021:
- Best Game – Hades
- British Game – Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Animation – The Last of Us Part 2
- Artistic Achievement – Hades
- Audio Achievement – Ghost of Tsushima
- Debut Game – Carrion
- Evolving Game – Sea of Thieves
- Family Game – Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Game Beyond Entertainment – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Game Design – Hades
- Multiplayer Game – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Music – Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Narrative – Hades
- Original Property – Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
- Performer in a Leading Role – Laura Bailey as Abby in The Last of Us Part 2
- Performer in a Supporting Role – Logan Cunningham as Hades, Achilles, Poseidon, Asterius, Charon, and the Storyteller in Hades
- EE Game of the Year (Voted by the Public) – The Last of Us Part 2