Friday, December 03, 2021
image
Nagaland

AYO, CYF action against NSCN-K

1
By EMN Updated: Apr 30, 2014 1:12 am
A A A

EMN
DIMAPUR, APRIL 29

IN the backdrop of the expiry of the deadline issued to the NSCN-K to own up for the unwarranted crime committed at Jail Colony, Kohima on April 9, the Angami Youth Organization (AYO) and the Chakhesang Youth Front (CYF) said they are constrained to initiate their first phase of action against the outfit. At an emergency presidential meeting, the AYO, as its first phase of action, will impose blanket ban on all the activities, particularly financial activities, of the NSCN-K under its jurisdiction. Therefore, it has strictly cautioned all the Angami villages not to entertain any form of taxation of the NSCN-K henceforth. It also asked all government establishments/institutions, contractors/corporates/public/private/individual business owners to completely abstain from contributing any form of tax and percentages to the faction. AYO president Zhopayi Nakro and CYF president Medo Yhokha, in a joint release today, said any village, department, group, individual found/reported not complying with this order will be doing so at their own risk and will entail the organizations penalty.
The two youth organizations demanded the NSCN-K to bring to book the perpetrators of the crime who were under its ‘enlistment’, to hand over the culprits to appropriate law enforcing authority, to produce before the public discharged orders of the culprits, as claimed by the NSCN-K, if they have been discharged from National service and to state publicly the course of action initiated and to render unconditional apology to the victim(s) and public for disturbing the peaceful atmosphere of the state capital Kohima.
For any report/information/support, the public may contact 9856558841(President, AYO), 9436608848 (Vice President, AYO), 8794829181(General Secretary, AYO), 9856000177 (President, NAYO), 9436601090 (President, SAYO), 8014597964 (President, WAYO) and 9436002139 (President, CYO), the joint release stated.
Further, a presidential meeting of AYO units and AYO seniors is being convened on May 3 to chalk out further course of action.

NSCN-K produces discharge letter 

The NSCN(K) regrets to inform that due to some communication gap, we were unable to produce the ‘Discharge Order’ of corpl. Kumsuto Sumi s/o Nizheto of Vekuho village as demanded by various civil societies in connection with April 9 incident in Kohima.
However, the same document signed by Lt. Col. Akaho Jhimo, Commander 7thBn. Naga Army, Suruhoto designated camp, is being reproduced for ready reference and justification of our statements issued earlier.
Meanwhile, Urban Town Commander Kohima, Maj. Kisheto Ayeh would also like to tender public apology as my younger brother Kumsuto Sumi, who had been relieved from the NSCN(K) services had misused the NSCN(K) tag for his personal benefit.
Issued by: MIP NSCN/GPRN #9862000044

1
By EMN Updated: Apr 30, 2014 1:12:34 am