25 roads in Dimapur stipulated to be completed within this month
Dimapur, Oct. 1 (EMN): At least 25 city road projects that started in 2018 in Dimapur are stipulated to be completed by the end of October as the Roads and Bridges division of the state’s Public Works department (PWD) work round-the-clock, a PWD official said on Thursday.
“Almost all the 25 roads are completed and now drainage work is also in full swing,” the official told Eastern Mirror.
The government official said that bituminous surfacing for the incomplete roads are being done which is the last step, while covers for drains are being laid.
“We are carpeting the road with two layers— bituminous macadam and bituminous concrete, which is almost all done,” informed the official.
From placing Hume pipes to diverting flow of drain to better paths, the official said that construction works continued even during lockdown.
According to the department, the roads are laid with 50mm bituminous macadam which is less than 2 inches, and 30mm of bituminous concrete, which is a little more than an inch, totalling to three inches in thickness of road.
It was further informed that the contractors have been given a three-year maintenance policy during which they should rectify any defects at their own cost.
It may be mentioned that the department had earlier faced a few roadblocks like weather conditions and lack of requisite machinery, causing in delay.
List of roads under construction
- Aramile to Padampukhuri via Eralibill
- Rengma Baptist Church to Eralibill Panchayat Hall Jn.
- NH-29 to Nagarjan Junction
- Improvement of road from Supermarket to Mao colony via Circuit House, Ura and Imkonglenden
- Signal Jn. to Rangapahar Road via Signal Angami Gate
- Approach road to Dimapur Civil hospital
- Flyover to Supermarket
- Supermarket to NH-29 via Rengma colony, Walford
- Supermarket to Burma camp Jn. via Apex motor
- Railgate to Old Overbridge Jn.
- Bata line
- Batacharalli to Holy Cross Jn.
- Improvement of road from Supermarket to Mao colony via Circuit House, Ura and Imkonglenden (Section -I)
- PWD Junction to Lotha Colony via Unity College Dimapur.
- Padampukhuri gate to Hollohon via Purana Bazar and Income Tax office
- NH-29 to Kushiabill via Zion hospital
- Churches road
- Batacharalli to Khermahal Jn. via Hillstar
- Eros Lane
- Khermahal Jn. to Notun Bosti Jn. via LRC
- DC court Jn. to Tragopan Jn. via City tower
- City tower to Dhobhinallah
- NH-36 to Lingrijan to NH-36
- Approach road to DC office
- NMM road