10 houses gutted by fire in Dimapur’s Churches colony
DIMAPUR — A fire broke out early Sunday morning at Churches colony, in Khermahal area of Dimapur, destroying 10 bamboo houses and leaving 10 families homeless. The fire is suspected to have been caused by a short circuit.
According to the Dimapur central fire station, the fire started around 12:30 am and they received a call about it at 12:52 am. Four fire tenders, two each from the Dimapur central fire station and West fire station, along with 20 firefighters were pressed into action.
The fire was extinguished after about an hour.
No injury or casualty was reported although around INR 8-10 lakh worth property was damaged in the inferno.
Noting that most reported fire incidents are caused by short circuits, an official from the Dimapur central fire station advised homeowners to ensure that the electrical setup at home or housing should be in sync with the load and that it is important to choose quality wires over cheap ones.