All Wuhan evacuees test negative for coronavirus — Ministry
New Delhi, Feb. 6 (IANS): The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Thursday said all evacuees from Wuhan, China, have tested negative for novel coronavirus.
“All 645 evacuees from Wuhan have tested negative,” said the Health Ministry in a statement released on Thursday.
In addition, 510 samples have been tested by ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) network laboratories of which all have tested negative except for 3 already reported positive. “The 3 positive cases are clinically stable,” said the ministry.
It also said that as on February 6, 138,750 passengers from 1,265 flights had been screened for novel coronavirus illness. Till now, no new case had been detected, accept three positive cases in Kerala.
“Community surveillance and contact tracing is going on by Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme for 6,558 persons across 32 states and UTs,” said the Ministry.
Meanwhile, the fourth Joint Monitoring Group (JMG) meeting was held on Thursday chaired by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) to discuss various technical issues, including review period of follow up required for asymptomatic travellers from China.
“Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in coordination with central Ministries and all States and Union territories is taking adequate measures for management of novel coronavirus in India,” said the ministry.
“In case of fever, cough and symptoms of pneumonia, seek medical attention immediately. The ministry also provided a helpline number as well as an email ID in case of any doubts about the disease.
“For any technical query on 2019-nCOV call the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Helpline at +91-11-23978046 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org,” said the ministry.