Nagaland: Covid cases among traced contacts rise to 23% - Eastern Mirror
Monday, March 20, 2023

Nagaland: Covid cases among traced contacts rise to 23%

By Mirror Desk Updated: Oct 03, 2020 11:29 pm

Eastern Mirror Desk
Dimapur, Oct. 3 (EMN):
The Covid-19 positivity rate in Nagaland has consistently increased in the past few months, according to the weekly bulletin released by the department of Health and Family Welfare on Saturday.

September recorded almost the same number of cases as August even with fewer testing, it stated.

“The drop in testing rate is partly to do with revision in discharge policy and testing of returnees/travellers, where rational testing based on current scientific evidence as prescribed by ICMR has been adopted,” it said.

The proportion of positive traced contacts has increased to 23%. Out of 550 cases reported in the past week, 203 cases were from contact tracing.

It added that 71% of all positive traced contacts are below 40 years of age, including students (18%).

Household contacts (31%) and government employees (31%) together constitute 62% of all positive traced contacts.

“Most people were infected within the same household and in work places,” it stated.

Symptomatic confirmed cases increased to 3% from 2% last week with one Covid-19 confirmed death this week, and five deaths are under investigation. Fever (47%) and cough (38%) are the most common reported symptoms among confirmed cases in the state.

Armed forces or security personnel contribute to the highest percentage of total confirmed cases at 48%. It added that 3% of the current active cases are symptomatic (1% increase from last week).

By Mirror Desk Updated: Oct 03, 2020 11:29:18 pm