HSLC toppers receive Mayangnokcha award
Dimapur, Oct. 20 (EMN): The 24th presentation ceremony of Mayangnokcha Awards for Academic Excellence was held on October 20 at Ladybird School auditorium, Mokokchung, with the Additional Development Commissioner, Aolemla Jamir, as the chief guest.
The chief guest, in her speech, has attributed people like Mayangnokcha for the present condition in the education sector. She said people like him have given the real hope for a better tomorrow and made possible in our lives to realise our dreams and aspirations.
Aolemla maintained that it takes hard work and a sustained commitment to be on top. She urged the students to be more committed in life saying that they are the hope of mankind and the cream of society.
The master of ceremony was Narola Neizo, pastor Sumi Baptist Church, Mokokchung, while Nisheto Chishi pronounced the invocation, and youth department of Sungkomen Ward presented the theme song “The Educationist.” Keynote address was delivered by secretary MAT, Dr. Forkumzuk, HSLC Subject Topper 1998. Dr. Kilangwapang made a special appearance, while youth promoter of Alempang Baptist Church, Lipkonaro Jamir, said the benediction.
Winners of MAT 2017 Awards Winners of MAT 2017 Awards
1. Mayangnokcha Award for Academic Excellence (the overall topper): Ravelu Nienu, Greenwood School, Dimapur.
2. MAT-NE Sun Award for the subject topper in English (North East Sun Magazine, New Delhi): Hiboli Aye, Mezhur Higher Secondary School, Kohima.
3. MAT-Rockdale Award for the subject topper in Ao (MIL) (Rockdale Club, Mokokchung): Rongsenkala, Mount Moriah School, Ungma, Mokokchung.
4. MAT-YRSD Award for the subject topper in Social Sciences (Youth Resource & Sports Department: Rokono Nagi, Greenwood School, Dimapur.
5. MAT-TirYimyim Award for the subject topper in Science (TirYimyim Daily, Dimapur): Kuolavo-u Peseyie, Greenwood School, Dimapur.
6. MAT-EFoM Award for the subject topper in Mathematics (Education Forum of Mokokchung): Nesse Eangnyu, Mezhur Higher Secondary School, Kohima.
The awardees received cash, certificate and memento.